Saturday, August 2, 2008

Family Time

It's Susan (I like to hijack Jason's blog every now and then as my own - I'm a last born so you'll just have to deal with it). :)

It's Saturday evening and we just concluded a relaxing evening at Miller Park. We ate sandwiches at a picnic table while listening to a blues band. Then Izzy ran around the park on the slides, the swing and the water park area running through sprinklers that shot out of the ground. She had a blast and we loved watching her squeal in delight from something as simple as water.

Isn't it awesome to see things from a child's perspective? No worries of what others think of you, no fears to overcome, no baggage to carry around. To have complete trust in your parents to ensure the right balance of safety, security and pleasure. I was quickly reminded of how Christ sees us. He enjoys seeing us delight in things. He wants us to let go of our fears, our baggage, our worries and give Him our complete trust. Easier said than done as an adult, but a simple evening in the park gave me encouragement to see life through a child's eyes and trust in our Father to take care of the rest.

I'm off to have a snack and take a nap. (Ok in reality, I'm going to do laundry and get my child off to bed). :)

No comments: