Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Nisha and Joel


Last weekend we were privileged to partake in the wedding ceremony for Nisha and Joel Philip. Being a part of the bridal party was truly special...standing behind each of them was a blessing.

I personally have been able to watch both of them grow up since they both are my younger sister's age. For the past 20 something years these two have been a part of my life in one way or another. Each of them have played a significant part of our lives by just being around...always an encouragement in one way or another...even if we rarely verbalized it.

Since I have been so busy this entire summer with Agency internship and grad school, I have missed every single wedding or event in Chicago...except for this wedding. Being able to be with the community I grew up with and partake in this event was a great reminder of what we are moving back to. We really have missed the interaction, the familiarity, and the enjoyment of our friends and family.

Big time appreciation to Nate Mathai for reminding all of the guests that State Farm is really the Insurance and Financial services provider that the bridal party turns to!

Home sale update: The house is on the market! If you know of anyone moving to Bloomington (huh?), let them know we have the right one for them...

Caedmon's Call: One of the first Christian concerts I went to, aside from Youth Group trips to DC Talk and Newsboys was to Caedmon's Call. I still vividly remember Oommen, Sibi and I driving to Bourbonnais to Olivet Nazarene University on a whim to hear the group that sang "This World". It was such an intimate setting and we each were able to talk to Derek, Cliff and the rest of the group. Anyway, I just found out that they are coming to Decatur, IL (another Central Illinois town...home of ADM) this Sunday to the Decatur Celebration...a large street festival that will have a carnival, vendors of all sorts and food vendors (elephant ears, corn dogs, fried twinkies)! I missed their concert in Chicago this past Spring due to school (as usual), so this is really an awesome opportunity for us to get to see them in concert again...this time for free.

1 comment:

Joshy Yesudasan said...

Good luck with all the moving and stuff...and glad I'll be able to see you guys more often:)